Monday, July 11, 2011

The sound machine

Ever had a hard time falling asleep and all you wanted was something that would lull you there... This is the story of my life! I usually fall asleep with the TV on which has been annoying people for years! Whether it be my sister who could hear it through the wall, or matt because it would keep him up or just drive him crazy because I can't decide on a channel. Well while staying at mom's this past weekend i started listening to their sound machine at night (to be exact the rolling waves) this took me back to hawaii almost instantly and i felt this great sense of comfort and peace. So last night I used the one i've had for well over a year and never turned on in my bedroom ( i hear what you people are saying about me through this computer screen) Last night it was the peaceful thunderstorm. Tonight who knows i have seven different options. In telling you this i'm gonna ask you who else has nights like this, i feel like i can't shut down my brain at night and just so you know this happens even on the days that i drink nothing but water and no caffeine.
 Is this what society has programmed us for? Or am i the only one out there.... If so oh well i'm crazy but you love me anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment